Back to News
Flu Jabs are now available
Posted on 12 Jun 2023
Free Flu vaccinations are now available at the surgery for all eligible patients.
If you meet any of the criteria below, please contact us to book an appointment to get your flu vaccination.
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2023)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main Carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
- are frontline health workers
- are social care workers who cannot get the vaccine through an occupational health scheme at work
Starting from mid-October 2022, people aged 50 years old or over (including those who will be 50 years old by 31 March 2023) can have a free NHS flu vaccine. This is so at-risk groups can be offered vaccination first.
If you’re in this age group and have a long-term health condition that puts you at risk from flu, you do not have to wait until mid-October.
For more information about the flu vaccination please visit:
Flu vaccine - NHS (www.nhs.uk)