Back to News
Flu Vaccinations 2020-21 UPDATE
Posted on 16 Dec 2020
It's never been more important to have a flu vaccination.
We now have stock and are authorised to give free flu vaccinations to all patients aged between 50-64.
Please contact us to book an appointment at your earliest convenience.
It's also not too late to get your free flu vaccination if you're in one of the "at-risk" categories - click on the link below for more information:
- Patients over the age of 65
- Patients aged between 6 months and 64 years old with a serious long-term health condition (noted below this list)
- Children aged 2-3 years old
- Pregnant women
Full list of serious long-term health conditions:
- respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing steroid inhaler or tablets), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and bronchitis
- heart conditions, such as coronary heart disease or heart failure
- being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease, such as hepatitis
- neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a learning disability
- problems with your spleen, for example, sickle cell disease, or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy